Saturday, November 19, 2011

Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sandwiches

Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sandwiches~*~Sandy~*~
adapted from Betty Crocker 

2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 bottle of your favorite Caesar Dressing
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (or to taste)
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
12 french hamburger buns or buns of your choice (about 2 1/2 inch)

1.  Place chicken in a 3-4 quart slow cooker, cover and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours.
2.  Remove chicken from cooker using a slotted spoon.  Place on a cutting board and pull chicken into shreds.
3.  Place chicken back in the cooker and pour dressing, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and pepper over the top. Stir until mixed evenly. Cover and cook on high heat for 30-35 minutes or until mixture is hot.  
4.  Spoon 1/4 cup mixture onto lettuce in each bun and serve! 

 I could not for the life of me find a packet of Caesar Dressing Mix, so I opted for a bottle of dressing and it turned out great.  So I listed both options.

OP?s notes: I used Brianna's Asiago Caesar) OR 1 (10 oz) can cream of chicken soup plus one packet Caesar Dressing mix.   I only used about 3/4 of the bottle of dressing.
Sandy’s notes: I also used Brianna’s Asiago Caesar dressing, it’s fabulous. I only needed about a half bottle. Just enough to coat the meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment